How to do Piped Logging in OpenLiteSpeed?

I am struggling to get piped logging to work in OpenLiteSpeed, and I am struggling to find adequate documentation about it. What I find in the documentation is that I need to configure an external Piped Logger app. It seems that in the Address for remote logger I can put a HTTP or UDS socket. It is not clear if that is a socket the app can listen to or wheter the app needs to provide the socket for OLS to write to. I assume though it is the second. If that optional field is left blank, I assume that data should go to the STDIN of the app, since I found here examples in this direction:
https://www.litespeedtech.com/support/wiki/doku.php/litespeed_wiki:config:piped-logger

I configured the external app and defined piped access logging to this app. The log file that is mandatory in the definition receives the logging data, but I could not figure out how to get it to any form of pipe. It looks to me like the logging app is not even instantiated. I have defined it like that:
/usr/local/lsws/lsphp83/bin/php /var/www/vhosts/logger/logger.php

Anybody has an idea how things should work and what I can do to troubleshoot that scenario?