Elgg Installation

Discussion in 'General OpenLiteSpeed Discussion' started by Faizan Ullah, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Faizan Ullah

Faizan Ullah New Member

Hi, I'm unable to install elgg on openlitespeed. I put rewrite code from .htaccess file to openlitespeed rewrite rules and enable it but still fail rewrite check of elgg. I skip that step and install elgg but now getting 404 error page. I have attached elgg htaccess file. Please help what exactly I should copy to openlitespeed virtual host rewrite rules.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 14, 2013
    lsmichael likes this.
  2. lsmichael

lsmichael Active Member

Howdy Faizan,

Check the mod_rewrite documentation: http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/mod/mod_rewrite.html#rewriterule

Rewrite rules behave differently in .htaccess files and in virtual host configurations:

"In VirtualHost context, The Pattern will initially be matched against the part of the URL after the hostname and port, and before the query string (e.g. "/app1/index.html").
    In Directory and htaccess context, the Pattern will initially be matched against the filesystem path, after removing the prefix that led the server to the current RewriteRule (e.g. "app1/index.html" or "index.html" depending on where the directives are defined)."

This means you have to the whole URI when you're defining locations — at least a "/" before things like "engine/handlers/page_handler.php?handler=$1" and maybe more if there's more to the URI that's been assumed by the .htaccess file.

Let me know if that doesn't make sense.

Cheers!

Faizan Ullah likes this.
  3. Faizan Ullah

Faizan Ullah New Member

Hi lsmichael,
    Thanks for all this information, I will try to make elgg work according to this.

4. Faizan Ullah

Faizan Ullah New Member

I added / to all rewrite rules like this
    RewriteRule ^rewrite.php$ /install.php [L]
    but it did not work. Then I added / like this
    RewriteRule ^/rewrite.php$ install.php [L]
    and it worked.

lsmichael likes this.
  5. lsmichael

lsmichael Active Member