vhosts don't overwrite listener SSL

Hi,

some of my vhosts wont overwrite the listeners SSL in v1.7.19.
My SSL listener (2x times for IPv4 and IPv6) maps multiple vhosts (listing the domains for each vhost):
In total I have for this example 3 certs (2 with only 1 domain, 1 with "example.com, www.example.com")

All vhosts have specific Let's Encrypt certs which already work with NGINX (testing OpenLiteSpeed @ port 8443).
No vhost has a domain name or a domain alias, only at the listeners map as posted above.
The listener SSL cert is the cert of shop.foobar.com (I guess that shouldn't matter because the vhost should overwrite it?!
"The SSL certificate in the virtual host will overwrite the listener, so we can just add the certificate to the virtual host for each domain." @ https://openlitespeed.org/kb/lets-encrypt-ssl-on-openlitespeed/#Configure_OpenLiteSpeed_for_SSL)

Am I doing the whole thing wrong?

Or do I have to create a listener for every different domain? (would be in total 4 listeners for very domain or even every subdomain that has it own cert because of IPv4, IPv6, HTTP, HTTPS)

Last edited:

Cold-Egg

Administrator
vhosts should overwrite the listener's SSL, please share both server and vhost configs here or inbox me if you want to keep the config private.

Yeah based on the docs it should but it doesn't.
Before I created this thread I have also checked the config files and they are all the same.
I uninstalled OSL + the config files a few hours ago and setup caching for NGINX. I don't want to waste more time. Just wanted to try OLS because of extra performance, but it looks like there aren't "real" benefits (php / wordpress).
Anyway, OLS feels like to experimental (sorry!) and it's too time intensive to setup all vhosts for IPv4, IPv6, HTTP and HTTPS (idea: the listener(s) could also be created/updated based on the vhost config). Of course this works really nice when you have only 2 domains or so but not for many domains or even different endpoints - this can also produce problems because a human can easily forget to create a vhost for listener XYZ.
Feel free to delete this topic because I can't deliver you any config files.
But feel free to test it (but I guess it's already done in automated testing after building).

Ilkar

Hello :) I have this same problem.
I have 2 domains:
1) example1.com
2) example2.com

On the listener level i've setted example1.com certs, and o example2.com virtual host i've setted certs for example2.com. When i open browser on example2.com it shows cert for example1.com. Whats more, when i set certs only on virtualhosts level, browser doesn't see the certs at all...

Can you help me somehow?

Attachments