tmp tasks of lsphp which installed by ols, take to much cpu

Discussion in 'General OpenLiteSpeed Discussion' started by Seyed Ali Roshan, Jan 31, 2018.

1. hello,
    the tasks which lsphp (v 5.6.33) creates in /tmp with name of php + random-hash, take too much CPU of my server.
    they also have a long uptime, for example, 16h (and still remains until I kill them).
    when I kill one of them, the others will be gone too and cpu usage falls down to normal.
    I also have a normal php version (v 7) which runs my phpmyadmin and it never takes too much cpu like that.

2. Tishu

Tishu New Member

Hello,

What is your config for the external app.

3. upload_2018-2-1_18-31-15.png
    upload_2018-2-1_18-31-32.png

4. Tishu

Tishu New Member

5. yes it exists
    about the version,
    I installed the 5.6.33 from the ols itself and changed the listener script to it

6. lskagan

lskagan Administrator

You can try adding Max Idle time of about 15 seconds. This will kill off idle PHP processes after 15 seconds.

7. thanks for your help,
    I'll test it

8. unfortunately, the tasks are created under tmp folder still exist, and one of them is alive about 20h. even after putting what u said
    upload_2018-2-8_1-16-51.png

Attached Files:

9. Tishu

Tishu New Member

Hello again,

Can you check this proccess with:

lsof +p <PID>

10. I will, sure

Attached Files:

12. Tishu

Tishu New Member

Hello again,

Can you post what its in this folder wordpress/fonts. By default there is no such dir in the wordpress root dir.

13. you are right, it's strange

14. Tishu

Tishu New Member

Hello again,

If this files are not from you .... your site may be hacked. You can install soft like maldet to ckeck and clean your site/sites.

15. I didn't build our site but I know my coworkers used a free template for it which had quickstart installer and also has not received any updates (wordpress itself and its plugins) for several months and I think maybe it's because of that.
    there were some .php files in that folder contain the encoded strings and eval function, I removed them (the files) to see what will happen (site is still working and no strange task is running right now).
    I have installed clamAV, does it do the trick or I should remove it and install maldet?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  16. Tishu

Tishu New Member

Hello again,

My advice is to test with maldet too.

17. Should I remove the clamAV or install maldet beside it?

18. unfortunately, these kinds of tasks still exist (you can see the result of lsof +p <PID> in below)
    Screenshot from 2018-02-15 13-47-47.png

19. Tishu

Tishu New Member