Spdy & iPhone uploads

Discussion in 'Linux Support: Debian, Ubuntu, SolusOS etc' started by akia, Dec 27, 2014.

1. akia

akia New Member

Has anyone else noticed that with spdy enabled you can't upload pictures from iPhone or iPad in xenforo.

Also tapatalk dosnt work with spdy.

2. lsmichael

lsmichael Active Member

Hi Akia,

Are you seeing any errors when trying to upload pictures or use Tapatalk? What do you mean exactly by Tapatalk not working? (We're not particularly familiar with the application.)

Thanks,

Michael

3. akia

akia New Member

No errors at all. The page just freezes though.

4. lsmichael

lsmichael Active Member

Which browser are you seeing this on? Has it happened with other browsers? It may be due to the browser's handling of SPDY...

Michael

5. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Active Member

@lsmichael, Tapatalk is an app that runs on the iPhone and Android and has a plugin (add-on) that is installed on the forums. It allows a user to participate in multiple forums from one application.

lsmichael likes this.
  6. lsmichael

lsmichael Active Member

Thanks, Tracy. I've heard a little about it, though I've never used it myself. I'm still not sure what the OP meant by it not working, though... Perhaps he isn't able to access the forums that are using OpenLiteSpeed from Tapatalk?

m

7. Tracy Perry

I've removed Tapatalk from all my sites... but if @akia will tell us what forum script he's on it may be one that I can set up a test site and play with.
    That's the benefit of a dedicated server running a VM hypervisor.:love:

8. akia

akia New Member

It's xenforo that I use.

And yea when trying to access the site it just dosnt respond. Is it possible to turn on the debug logs for just one site

9. akia

akia New Member

It's chrome that I've tested it on. But other users have the same problem with other browsers

10. akia

akia New Member

Sorry it's not chrome. It's safari the default browser on the iPhone.

11. Tracy Perry

I'm running OLS 1.4.3 on https://twowheeldemon.com. I'll try the iPhone/iPad uploads and see how it works. I'm using SPDY .

akia likes this.
  12. Tracy Perry

Just uploaded an image from my iPhone 6 using Chrome and it worked.. now I'll try with Safari.

13. Tracy Perry

OK.. confirmed that upload of image has problem with Safari.
    When looking at the vhost error log this is what is there.
    Code:
    2015-01-12 18:29:18.800 [INFO] [70.196.15.85:8042:SPDY3-51] HttpExtConnector state: 10, request body sent: 65536, response body size: -2, response body sent:72, left in buffer: 0, attempts: 1.
    2015-01-12 18:31:12.100 [INFO] [70.196.15.85:8044:SPDY3-3] Connection idle time: 99 while in state: 5 watching for event: 25,close!
    2015-01-12 18:31:12.100 [INFO] [70.196.15.85:8044:SPDY3-3] Content len: 1963941, Request line: .POST /attachments/do-upload HTTP/1.1
    2015-01-12 18:31:12.100 [INFO] [70.196.15.85:8044:SPDY3-3] Redirect: #1, URL: /index.php
    2015-01-12 18:31:12.100 [INFO] [70.196.15.85:8044:SPDY3-3] HttpExtConnector state: 10, request body sent: 65536, response body size: -2, response body sent:1119, left in buffer: 0, attempts: 0.
    Maybe @lsmichael has a suggestion?

lsmichael and akia like this.
  14. akia

akia New Member

Just to add, I've tested this on other sites that are using nginx and spdy using the same browser and it works fine.

15. lsmichael

lsmichael Active Member

Howdy guys,

Thanks for the added information. Sorry for letting this sit for so long. We're working on pushing out a new version of OpenLiteSpeed real soon. As soon as that's out, we'll work on fixing this bug.

Michael

Tracy Perry and akia like this.
  16. akia

akia New Member

Also if i put my site back to nginx it works fine both with the uploads and with tapatalk. so its def a litespeed issue.
    Thanks Micheal,

lsmichael likes this.
  17. akia

akia New Member

I've noted on the last release it says one of the bug fixes is:
    • Fixed a hidden SPDY bug in making request headers.
    Would this fix the issue as above

18. lsmichael

lsmichael Active Member

Hi @akia and @Tracy Perry,

Just wanted to check in. Have either of you tried uploading images with 1.4.4? We're trying to reproduce this issue, but I'd like to make sure it hasn't been fixed by another bug fix.

m

19. lsmichael

lsmichael Active Member

Hey guys,

Just wanted to update you. We've been having some trouble reproducing the bug, but hopefully we'll have it reproduced in the next couple days.

m

20. akia

akia New Member

Hi michael, I've not had chance to try 1.4.4 yet, but I'll try and make time at the weekend.

lsmichael likes this.