problem with make a password for a folder

Discussion in 'Linux Support: RHEL, CentOS, SUSE etc' started by Seyed Ali Roshan, Feb 11, 2016.

1. lsfoo

lsfoo Administrator

Hi Seyed,

Does the error log show any errors on startup related to this issue?

How did you generate your htpasswd file? Did you use htpasswd2?

I just made a test using htpasswd2:
    htpasswd2 -c ./testhtpasswd test
    I noticed that the file created may not have all the permissions, so if this is how you created it, maybe try chmod 0755?

Hope this helps,
    Kevin

2. i had no htpasswd and when i input the file name in olsAdmin it made it automaticaly
    how do i check ?

3. lsfoo

lsfoo Administrator

The error log is usually $SERVER_ROOT/logs/error.log

If you configured your vhost to have a separate error log, it may be in that one as well.

4. I configured like that but there is no file in it

5. lsfoo

lsfoo Administrator

Could you post your server level log?

If you don't want to post it on the forum, just email it to me at kfwu at litespeedtech dot com

6. Pong

Pong Administrator

Is "Require (Authorized Users/Groups)" set for some value? For example, default is "user test", then only "test" user allow for login.

Otherwise show more steps and details/or even screenshoot how you set it up, will try to analysis what happened.

7. I checked it and it was right and = admin (my user name)
    i will send you my access.log and error.log in $SERVER_ROOT/logs
    does it enough?

8. lsfoo

lsfoo Administrator

If you are comfortable with sharing it, your server and vhost config files could help us out a lot as well.

9. i can't share them in public because it's full of ip and ports which is important to us for our security.
    so i went to litespeedtech.com but i could't find your email or a way to send them for you
    can you give me email or a way to send them for u?

10. lsfoo

lsfoo Administrator

kfwu at litespeedtech dot com