Openlitespeed + ssl

G

Gun

Hi openlitespeed team, I have a problem right now when I decided to use ssl with my server. I want to use alphassl and they asking me for which webserver I currently use right now. Here, all available web server:
AOL
Apache +ModSSL
Apache-SSL (Ben-SSL, not Stronghold)
C2Net Stronghold
Cobalt Raq
Covalent Server Software
cPanel / WHM
Ensim
H-Sphere
IBM HTTP Server
IBM Internet Connection Server
iPlanet
Java Web Server (Javasoft / Sun)
Lotus Domino
Lotus Domino Go!
Microsoft IIS 1.x to 4.x
Microsoft IIS 5.x and later
Netscape Enterprise Server
Netscape FastTrack
Novell Web Server
Oracle
Plesk
Quid Pro Quo
R3 SSL Server
Raven SSL
RedHat Linux
SAP Web Application Server
Tomcat
Website Professional
WebStar 4.x and later
WebTen (from Tenon)
Zeus Web Server
Other (not listed)

I don't see openlitespeed from the list, then I tried to ask IT support where I hosting, but seems they also don't know which one to use and they don't want to take any risks because the ssl only can be issued once. Once, they said maybe I can choose Apache +ModSSL for web server type, but at last they encourage me to ask in this forum.

Thank you for your help.

p.s. very sorry for my english

lsmichael

Howdy,

No problem. It really should not matter which you choose. Apache + ModSSL should be safe choice, though.

(This is a really weird list, by the way. cPanel, Plesk, H-Sphere, etc. are not web servers. Zeus is dead. I've never heard of a bunch of these other ones, but they don't have nginx, Cherokee, or Lighty.)

Cheers,

Michael

G

Gun

Hello Michael,

I still wonder what is the purpose of choosing webserver type if it has nothing to do with my website in the future (or at least if I want to use another webserver later). Anyway, as your suggestion I will use Apache + ModSSL because I don't have any idea about that stuff.

Thank you so much for your answer :)

Best regards,

Gun