Enabling SSI / server side includes

Does anyone have a guide for enabling SSI (server side includes) with OpenLiteSpeed?

The Apache way is to just load the "include" module:

# a2enmod include

There is no such module in OpenLiteSpeed - the source code indicates SSI support is built-in. So how does one activate it?

lsfoo

Administrator
Hi Jamie-VV,

As it turns out, SSI support was disabled, likely due to many changes to the server code. I will take a look at this to see if I can get it working again for the next release.

That said, there are no real steps for enabling SSI.
As long as shtml is listed in the MIME settings file (Server Configurations->General Settings->MIME Settings, it is included by default), it should work by default unless you have scripting disabled.

I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Cheers,
Kevin

lsfoo

Administrator
Hi Jamie-VV,

You may have noticed that we released a new version today (just happened, so maybe not).

To update you, the SSI support was not a part of this release. I managed to get it working, but it involves some big changes to the core server code, so we are not ready to release it without more testing.

I hope you understand, and hope that you are happy with OpenLiteSpeed otherwise.

Best,
Kevin

lsfoo

Administrator
Hey Jamie,

Quick update, we just released OLS 1.4.16. This is mostly bug fixes and some updates.

The SSI support is still being tested. It will be packaged in with another new feature for the 1.5 release because of the possible instability. Just letting you know that it's not forgotten about, it is just a significant change.

Kevin

That's okay, thanks for the update.

We are currently using a workaround - the client-side jQuery load() function. The end user won't notice the difference, however some search engines don't attempt to index the loaded part, so the SSI support will be helpful with that by presenting what appears to be a static page.