Curl issue on Debian and Ubuntu in 1Click install

Discussion in 'General OpenLiteSpeed Discussion' started by ckissi, Mar 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ckissi

ckissi Member

hello,

I've tried 1click install with bash script on Ubuntu 14.04, 16.04 as well as Debian 8 and I was unable to get Curl working.
    One of the plugins in WP is using curl, unfortunately, PHP versions were compiled with shared curl. I read suggestions to use apt-get install php-curl to install it so I've installed it, but it still doesn't work.
    I always got error message: undefined function curl_init().

On Centos 6.8 it works OK.

2. lsfoo

lsfoo Administrator

Hi @ckissi

Apologies for the late reply, we were away the past week. Are you still experiencing this issue?

Cheers,
    Kevin

3. ckissi

ckissi Member

I was unable to get it working so I've installed CentOS. If you can get this fixed it would be great.

4. lsfoo

lsfoo Administrator

So if I'm understanding you correctly, there is an issue with 1 click install on Ubuntu/Debian where the lsphp package does not work with curl?

5. ckissi

ckissi Member

Yes, if you run PHP scripts where curl PHP functions are used you'll get the error message that curl_init() is an undefined function. There was also no dedicated section for CURL in phpinfo() listing.

6. lsfoo

lsfoo Administrator

We have some issues with a few Debian packages, so we'll add curl to the list to check. If everything is working on CentOS, it's probably better to stick to that for now. Hopefully the Debian packages will be fixed soon.

7. ckissi

ckissi Member

Ok, thank you, Debian and Ubuntu became more popular than CentOS so I would prefer to install one of these.