Cannot login the CP after it installed.

Last night I installed openlitespeed 1.4.3 on a ubuntu 14.04 server .
After all things done , I cannot login the cp.
I used a bash scripts install the openlitespeed + mysql +php , no error in the install log.
But with the right user name and password I cannot login the cp.
Infact I only changed one command , I closed the ssl login for cp.
I donnot know if it is a bug.

lsmichael

Hi Oyang,

Sorry you're having trouble with this. Do you mean that you changed this setting: http://www.litespeedtech.com/docs/webserver/config/adminlistener#listenerSecure

If not, which setting did you change? I'm not quite sure what you meant by "I closed the ssl login for cp."

Also, have you tried resetting the username and password? /usr/local/lsws/admin/misc/admpass.sh

(Actually, the command is probably a little different since you're using Ubuntu...)

Cheers,

Michael

I used this :
[ ! -s $SRC_DIR/openlitespeed-1.4.3.tgz ] && wget -c http://open.litespeedtech.com/packages/openlitespeed-1.4.3.tgz -O $SRC_DIR/openlitespeed-1.4.3.tgz
cd $SRC_DIR
tar zxf openlitespeed-1.4.3.tgz
cd openlitespeed-1.4.3
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/lsws --with-user=www --with-group=www --with-admin=$webuser --with-password=$webpass --with-email=$webemail --enable-adminssl=no
make -j $cpu_num && make install

Just add the command for --enable-adminssl=no when config , I am not sure if the error from this.
I changed the server to debian7 and delete the --enable-adminssl=no when config command , not the openlitespeed works!

lsmichael

Howdy Oyang,

Thanks for pointing this out. We'll be doing some tests to try to reproduce this. I'll let you know what we find.

Cheers,

Michael

lsmichael

When you used the --enable-adminssl=no option, did you try logging into your WebAdmin console using HTTP or HTTPS. When AdminSSL is turned off, you need to use HTTP. We just tried it and it seemed to work fine.

Michael

oyang

When you used the --enable-adminssl=no option, did you try logging into your WebAdmin console using HTTP or HTTPS. When AdminSSL is turned off, you need to use HTTP. We just tried it and it seemed to work fine.

Michael
Of course HTTP
I mean after I input the right username and password , failed to login.

lsmichael

Hmmmm...

This is a new installation of 1.4.3, not an upgrade from another version, right?

I know you said there were no errors, but can you PM me your logs perhaps? We'd like to take a look. We haven't been able to reproduce it on our setups.

Michael