cannot download files with version 1.7.19

I just upgraded my OLS from 1.7.18.1 to 1.7.19, and noticed that I cannot download files completely. The files are downloadable PDF files in a WooCommerce store. It was working fine before. But now, when customers click to download links, it started at 10+ MB/s then immediately reduced to 0. So, the files stands at 1 or 2 MB until the connections time out.

It looks like no special error in either server error log, or domain error log.
Any idea?
Thanks.

Downgraded to 1.7.18.1, I can download files without any problem.
Checked error_log again, I noticed this line
Code:
2024-01-04 21:00:00.527265 [ERROR] [13913] Fatal error in configuration, exit!
It appeared when the system restarted OLS after compiling version 1.7.19. Something wrong here?

No, I am using DirectAdmin, so the upgrading is done by Custom Build. They changed the way CB works, so I am not sure how the process is.

Hi,
we experienced this also today. It only happens when you download files through php, for example by file_get_contents. But it is not the download itself. The buffer stales if the returning content exceeds some size. You can reproduce it by the following code:
Code:
<?php
echo str_repeat("a",2000000);
This stales some requests (Not all). If you enable Debug mode it writes "too much pending data, suspend reading response from extapp" and just hangs the request. It is reproduceable in the docker image for v1.7.19 as well. Downgrade to v1.7.18 solves it.

I really hope there is a fast fix for this :)

Kind regards,
Twissi

Hi,
I am pretty sure you can reproduce this.
Do the following steps:
  • docker run --rm -it --name litespeed -p 8888:80 litespeedtech/openlitespeed:1.7.19-lsphp74 bash
  • In the docker container run
    PHP:
    echo '<?php echo str_repeat("a",2000000);' > /var/www/vhosts/localhost/html/test.php
  • Outside the container run
    Code:
    curl http://localhost:8888/test.php > /dev/null
    several times
Now your request should stall.
If necessary I will open a ticket by the provided email
Thanks!

I emailed the last days with the support and they could reproduce it locally in the described docker environment. It now got escalated to the engineers.

Last edited:
Update: The openlitespeed team pushed a version 1.7.19.1 and addressed this bug. We installed it by debian apt a few minutes ago and the problem is gone :)
Thanks for the fast response guys!