Cannot creat Config File for vhost

I am testing 1.4.3
When I creat a new vhost , it cannot work!
file /usr/local/lsws/conf/vhosts/dao/vhconf.conf does not exist. CLICK TO CREATE

I click the CLICK TO CREATE
But it not works.

After I created a /usr/local/lsws/conf/vhosts/dao with 777
the click also not work.
By the way ,till 1.3.6 the Virtual Host Root * folder cannot created by control pannel , need creat at first.
What about 1.4.3?
I hope when I add a vhost , it can creat the folder auto.
Thanks!

With chown -R lsadm:lsadm /usr/local/lsws/conf/vhosts/$domain
file /usr/local/lsws/conf/vhosts/dao/vhconf.conf does not exist. CLICK TO CREATE

I will reinstall the it to see if this works well.

The litespeed 4.2.20 stand version works well for this , creat /usr/local/lsws/conf/vhosts/$VH_NAME/vhconf.conf just with one click.

lsmichael

Hi Oyang,

Sorry for making you wait so long. The developer in charge of the GUI says she'll make sure this works in the next release. (And we may also add functionality to create the directory for you.)

Thanks!

Michael

I have installed the latest version 1.4.4 , the problem is also exist.
file /usr/local/lsws/conf/vhosts/test/vhconf.conf does not exist. CLICK TO CREATE

I click the CLICK TO CREATE, nothing happened.

And after I installed the litespeed I found the
  • SYSTEM LOAD AVG
is very high , atfer I install the php I find it is low now, is it exact.
By the way I cannot Upload a File here .

Thanks , good luck!

lsmichael

Hi Oyang,

Sorry to hear about that. Can you confirm that your /usr/local/lsws/conf directory is owned by lsadm (and that your admin_php user is lsadm)?

About the load, that's probably the load caused by compiling PHP. Compiling PHP requires a lot of resources.

Michael

I try again ,but failed ,
Run this command chown -R lsadm:lsadm /usr/local/lsws/conf/vhosts
Infact I use the same commands to install openlitespeed 1.3.7 and 1.4.4 , but the 1.3.7 works well without any changes to creat vhost.
Thanks!

lsmichael

Howdy @oyang,

You're right. The developer was able to reproduce the bug in 1.4.4. Looks like it was successfully fixed in one, but not the other. We'll definitely have it fixed in the next version.

Thanks as always.

Michael

Howdy @oyang,

You're right. The developer was able to reproduce the bug in 1.4.4. Looks like it was successfully fixed in one, but not the other. We'll definitely have it fixed in the next version.

Thanks as always.

Michael
Glad to hear that, openlitespeed is not supported by any hosting control panel , so I hope it can has some hosting control panel functions , such as creat vhost directories .
I like to use /home/wwwroot/ to be vhost dirctories , if possible I hope can define the vhost directories when install openlitespeed.

By the way , after I install the 1.4.4 , the System load avg is very high , after a few minutes it is down . But it is not occured with 1.3.7 , I donnot know if it is my vps' problem.

Thanks , good luck!

lsmichael

That's interesting that it occurs with 1.4.4 and not 1.3.7. As I mentioned earlier, the developers and I thought it might be from compiling PHP, but that shouldn't be different for different versions. We'll keep an eye on this.

Cheers,

Michael